Lijit Ad Tag

Monday, August 27, 2012

Hawaiian Pizza with No-Rise Crust


When I was little my parents went bowling on Saturday nights and my grandma babysat us. Since my grandparents lived right across the street my grandpa would make us a pizza, then come "deliver" it through the front window of our house. I thought it was so cool that my grandpa did that. Now, my family always makes pizza on Friday nights and I have started to somewhat adopt that tradition as well. Even if we don't have pizza on Friday nights, pizza is often on our menu anyway because there are so many different combinations that you can make! I especially love Hawaiian pizza and like the twist of adding sweet chili sauce to the bbq sauce. Feel free to replace or add to these ingredients! You could use Canadian bacon and even add some red onions. I thought I bought a red onion at the store, but I can't find it at the moment. How one loses produce I will never know! Let's just blame that one on mommy brain. Also, this crust does not need to rise so if you decide to make a pizza at the last minute then you can just whip this crust up.

Hawaiian Pizza

Ingredients:
For the dough
1 Tablespoon yeast
1 cup warm water
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons canola oil
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (whole wheat works too!)
For the pizza1/4 cup bbq sauce
1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
3 slices thin sliced deli ham
3 slices bacon, cooked until crisp then broken into small pieces
1/4-1/2 cup pineapple chunks (or tidbits)
1-1-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella

Directions for the dough:
1. Combine yeast and water in the bowl of a stand mixer (or in a large mixing bowl) until foamy.

2. Add the sugar, salt, canola oil and flour, then knead on a low speed (or by hand) for 5 minutes until smooth and elastic. It should feel tacky to the touch, but none should stick to your fingers.

3. Spread dough on a pizza stone.

Directions for the pizza:
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees and prepare pizza stone or pizza pan.

2. Combine the bbq sauce and sweet chili sauce and spread over pizza crust.

3. Add the ham, bacon and pineapple chunks, then sprinkle the cheese evenly over the pizza.

4. Bake for 12-15 minutes.Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment